During this workshop, Brian Cugelman, PhD will discuss the core elements of motivation, and discuss how they play out in the design of persuasive technologies and campaigns. You’ll enjoy a tour of psychological strategies that drive motivating mobile apps, websites, social media, and other interactive technology.
The content will cover basic principles from evolutionary psychology and the neurochemistry behind motivation and personality. Next, you’ll learn how to use simple neurochemical principles to design technologies that are better able to foster an emotional bond with your users, feed into their status needs, keep them engaged, avoid marketing fatigue, and when you’re more likely to have success when using stress inducing techniques and when you should avoid them like the plague.
Key Take Aways
- That technologies can evoke emotions, as much as other people
- Why you should reject Maslow’s hierarchy, and accept an evolutionary psychology update
- How the neurochemistry of motivation works
- What motivates you, your friends, family, all of humanity, and mammals in general
- Why dopamine makes unboxing videos crack for toddlers