Colin Scheyen, the Manager of Educational Programming at POV 3rd Street, will moderate a panel discussion of young online content creators who are involved in the POV program. Established in 2007 by members of the film, TV, and commercial production industries who were interested in increasing access to employment in their community and broadening its diversity. POV 3rd Street is dedicated to assisting young adults (18-30) gain the skills and experience needed to secure jobs and have long-term careers in the media industry.
This panel will feature some a group of young content creators who regularly create content on various platforms. The participants will talk about their experiences, where they would like to go, and some of the barriers facing young people who are starting their careers as content creators. This panel is sure to be provoke stimulating topics of conversation.
Key Take Aways
- How young men and women are creating content with limited resources
- How are young people preparing for their careers as content creators?
- What are some of the barriers facing young content creators?
- What are the best platforms for youth to showcase their work and reach audiences?
- What are some of the lessons that the youth have learned along the way?